The Marks of the Lord’s People:
1. A certain love for God’s word, house and day.
2. A desire for holiness.
3. A longing to be able to pray.
4. A mourning over a carnal heart.
5. A desire to love Christ.
6. A desire for fellowship with Christ.
7. A fear lest, these evidences being so faint, I lack them altogether.
8. A belief that if Christ be not for me in eternity, then I am lost.
9. A belief, founded upon the free invitation extended in the gospel and in virtue of his work on Calvary, that he will be for me and will be my surety.
By Rev K MacRae